Thursday 21 September 2006

Dear diary

Not such a bad day. I had to go to the dentist this morning but it picked up after that. Water cooler conversation meandered from Pre-Raphaelite artist William Holman Hunt to poets William Blake, John Donne, Andrew Marvell and Gerard Manley Hopkins (Walter de la Mare and Robert Graves got guernseys too), from the riots in Hungary to overthrowing the professoriat. Barely a mention of work. (Trust me, it's difficult to associate the professoriat with work.)

Then I came home. There appears to be some public event nearby. (It might be the Flemington Showgrounds.) Wherever it is, the PA system is turned up way too high. If I can locate the source, I might garotte the announcer with his own microphone cord. (And if it's a radio mike, I'm sure I can work out where to shove it.)

______________________________________

Let's figure this out ... At the Showgrounds. 21st September. That'd be the Royal Melbourne Show.

What a nitwit!