Thursday, 19 October 2006

Dear diary

I'm going to bed early tonight because I'm dead tired. Which brings me onto today's anecdote ...

As I was driving to work this morning, some nitwit in a white Toyota Hiace van turned onto the road in front of me, causing me to brake heavily to avoid a collision.

I wasn't amused.

Normally, I would have sounded the horn in a firm but polite manner to indicate that something was amiss. But I didn't—largely because I was so surprised by the idiocy of the manoeuvre that I didn't think of it. Just as well.

The big white van had turned out of the hospital car park. When I had recovered from its sudden materialisation in front of me, I noticed that the rear window was blacked out. And on it was a stencilled logo ... advertising a local undertaker.

I hope the body was strapped in tightly.

3 comments:

Darky said...

T w i l i g h t ~~~ Z o n e
~~~ M u s i c


Just another ordinary start to another very ordinary day?
Snail hadn't figgered on the Soylent Green consignment being a little light-on that morning.

The improving life expectancy wasn't only doing social service planning in an illiberal democracy no favours, and the meat recycling business was getting desperate for raw material.

AYDIN Ă–RSTAN said...

They were dying to get out of the hospital...

Snail said...

Thanks a bunch, gents. I'm not easily disturbed but I'm going to be driving the long way round to avoid the hospital for the next few days.

I'm also kicking myself that I didn't lie about the type of van and pretend it was a Ford. Then I could have used the heading Sick Transit Gloria Mundi.