Sunday, 17 December 2006

Am planning a blog-free day so I can catch up on all the other stuff on the 'to do' list. By blog-free, I mean I won't be adding more posts to A Snail's Eye View. (After this one, obviously.) I've already done one round of my favourite blogs and will probably do another round later today. But I won't be writing anything for this one.

The house is a shambles. (Not literally, you understand. And I'm not sure if it's a bigger mess than the back yard but one thing at a time.) I haven't seen the mouse for a while, so I imagine it's given up and moved to somewhere more House & Garden. Possibly the empty property across the road.

I've still got a stack of books to read, including Cormac McCarthy's The Road, which I bought ages ago and is sitting in the pile. It's easy to lose momentum with reading, so I'm going to set aside a couple of hours for that today. Probably the same couple of hours I planned to spend cleaning the bathroom, laundry and kitchen. Yes, that sounds reasonable.

And then there's an article on the effect of habitat fragmentation on invertebrates that I promised to write this weekend. I'd forgotten all about it.

So, if I'm going to achieve all this, I'd better start now.

After breakfast. (Yes, I got up very late.)

2 comments:

amegilla said...

So did you get it written? I'd be very interested to see it.
I've only read one paper on the impacts of habitat fragmentation on invertz, and that was mostly contributed by Mike Harvey on spiders.
Based on a bushland remnant in Perth.

Snail said...

I got the references sorted out. Now you've mentioned Mark Harvey's stuff I'll feel obliged to look at that too now.

*puts on blinkers*