Friday, 2 February 2007

It burns!

The Bureau of Meteorology predicts a stinkin' hot weekend so I've made sure I've got enough groceries (sealed from the depredations of those bloody moths*) to see me through. I do not want to leave the house.

Yeah, yeah, I know that's a bit weird but there you have it**.

_____

* I've discovered where they're pupating. In the canvas 'green' bags that I use for carrying groceries. There's something ironic about that but I'm not sure what.

** I asked a friend to design a logo for my stationery and business cards. When she wanted to know what text I planned to put on them, I said, 'hermit and misanthropist'. After a pause, she pointed out that the misanthropist was okay but why would a hermit have a business card? I promised to rethink it.

10 comments:

Shorty CreeKI said...

That's the kind of friend we all need; a critical friend / friendly critic ... OK ... cliche I know, but they don't get to be cliches for nothing ... in the first place .. or something ...

Snail said...

I might have mentioned this before. On field trips we had a stock phrase employed whenever anyone said anything daft: "I want you to go over there and think about what you just said'.

It was used so frequently that we ended up abbreviating it to 'Pergi!' (go)

Shorty CreeKI said...

:)

I'd never get any work done I fear.

Right now I am reading Raimond Gaita's "A Common Humanity" and am having to stop and think at every turn. It's good for me.

Darky said...

So, dealing with that stationery should be pretty straightforward

Darky said...

And I swear,
If any literalist pipes up about hermits not equating to agorophobics I'll…

Smile and move on.

Snail said...

You won't hear it from me, Darky. I just want to retreat to the rainforest and only see people on my terms ... I'm a big fan of solitude.

Snail said...

Bugger! I responded before I read the previous post.

I might just get my stationery from this place. (Pinched from Miss Snark)

Shorty CreeKI said...

Finally!
Some notepaper that will do the job for those who never do anything to help, but criticise those who try!
:)
(Can you guess I need some?)

Snail said...

I'm toying with adopting one of them as the 'out of office' message on my work e-mail.

Shorty CreeKI said...

:)