Wednesday, 14 March 2007

Weird Pal(indromes)

I hadn't heard this song by Weird Al Yankovic until it was played on Spicks and Specks tonight. Each line is a palindrome. Were I smarter, I'd have come up with a better title.




Bob
I, man, am regal - a German am I
Never odd or even
If I had a hi-fi
Madam, I'm Adam
Too hot to hoot
No lemons, no melon
Too bad I hid a boot
Lisa Bonet ate no basil
Warsaw was raw
Was it a car or a cat I saw?

Rise to vote, sir
Do geese see God?
"Do nine men interpret?" "Nine men," I nod
Rats live on no evil star
Won't lovers revolt now?
Race fast, safe car
Pa's a sap
Ma is as selfless as I am
May a moody baby doom a yam?

Ah, Satan sees Natasha
No devil lived on
Lonely Tylenol
Not a banana baton
No "x" in "Nixon"
O, stone, be not so
O Geronimo, no minor ego
"Naomi," I moan
"A Toyota's a Toyota"
A dog, a panic in a pagoda

Oh no! Don Ho!
Nurse, I spy gypsies - run!
Senile felines
Now I see bees I won
UFO tofu
We panic in a pew
Oozy rat in a sanitary zoo
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog

5 comments:

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

Senile felines! The title refers to Bob Dylan who made a video like that in the 60s.

Snail said...

I've wasted far too much time this morning, trying to think up palindromes!

The Dylan song is Subterranean Homesick Blues, I think.

Darky said...

Many of those are in the canon, so to speak.

A man, a plan, a canal, Panama. is my favourite letter palindrome.

But whole-word ones are more attractive to my punning brain - - and sub-editors can throw some beauties up if you keep your eye out.

Girl bathing on Bikini, eyeing boy, finds boy eyeing bikini on bathing girl. is the classic

amegilla said...

Well, colour me envious. (can you do colours on this thing?)

I was in bed with a lumbar spasm.

Boom tish.

Maybe a TV in the bedroom isn't such a bad idea?

PS your word verifications are getting trickier by the week!

Snail said...

I feel sure that once upon a time (possibly as recently as last week) I would have been able to construct a palindrome in letter or word form. Now I can barely construct a sentence! :(