Sunday 15 April 2007

Not an ex-blogger

Thanks to all who inquired after my health while I was absent fom the blogosphere. (Or Blogistan as one learned paper put it.) I've been washed away by the tidal bore of work. The Easter long weekend was delightful but it meant that a full week's work had to be crammed into fewer days. Not that much fun but also not so bad if you know what to expect ...

Anyway, at the end of each day last week, I was coming home, falling asleep on the sofa, waking up, having dinner and going to bed. Too tired to write, too tired to read, too tired to have an interest in things.

Now I'm on leave for a week. Of course, it will be filled with work-related activities*. I'm supposed to be picking up a new car on Wednesday, which should feel much more exciting than it does. I'm leasing it for two years, so I guess it's not really mine and that might contribute to the lack of enthusiasm. It's also taken four months to organise this. Don't get me started on that fiasco! However, if it does arrive on Wednesday (and I'm not holding my breath), I will be on the open road by Thursday. Not sure in which direction because I have to be back at work on Monday. Hmmm ... The Great Ocean Road is looking good.

_______

* Right now, I'm editing a manuscript. Not mine. It's a scientific paper on butterflies and it's a few pages too long. The author has cut it back as far as she can, so it needs a fresh eye to determine whether anything else can be pared away.