Thursday, 15 November 2007

Yes, I've been quiet for a while. Many, many things to do at work, including that enormously entertaining pursuit — justifying your existence. Not mine, specifically, but the existence of our course. We'd have much less difficulty with management if we taught alchemy rather than … yanno … science. We'd be better off if we ditched our units in microbiology, biochemistry and genetics and replaced them with Amulets 101, Pure and Applied Lycanthropy and Consulting Entrails for Fun and Profit. I'm sure several universities have done that already.

I'm off to cast the runes.

4 comments:

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

Don't forget to read your horoscope today.

Tracey said...

Oh, that sucks. Good old OTTE, eh? Or is it the uni?

As a past microbiologist (who did on-call for biochemistry), I'd have to say there's a lot to be said for Consulting Entrails for Fun and Profit, though it can be a messy business.

How's NaNo going? I've come to a halt. I'm only about 15 k behind schedule.

Snail said...

I might have to start checking my horoscope, Aydin. First I'll look around until I find a star sign I like!

Is OTTE for VE rather than HE, Tracey? Who knows? I get lost in the acronyms. Either way, we're being looked at by the Dean and the DVC or PVC or someone. The Dean assures us that our degrees will have an intake next year but that's not his call ultimately. I'm looking forward to my new life as trailer trash in a caravan park near Bellenden Ker.

NaNoWriMo has come to a halt here too --- partly for a worthy reason and pnd partly because of inertia, writer's block and marking! The worthy reason is I've been retained to do some science writing for a govt body, so that's taking up a lot of time. I think I'm stuck at 8,810 words with NaNoWriMo and with only 14 days to go that's about 3,000 words a day to get back on track. Not impossible but extremely unlikely!

jj said...

Well, know that a few of us are here in our various spots cheering like made as that home straight looms.
:)