Tuesday, 5 February 2008

The ultimate in mondegreens

I'm sure this clip has been doing the rounds for aeons but I saw it for the first time today. A children's show from the Netherlands translated phonetically into English. I'd loved to know what the words really mean. Maybe it is all about farting in ducks?

WARNINGS:
  1. NSFW. The c-word appears in the subtitles. In fact, two different c-words appear. Frequently.
  2. After the first chorus it gets a tad silly.
  3. The song is a bit too catchy, so you may find yourself singing it at work.

ETA: HT to the Smart Bitches

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I had no idea that you were a pronsick dude, snail.
The most links to this appear right now to come from that fount of incontinent ejculatory intelligence:

http://www.b3ta.com/

The refrain is about not being pleased about a hole in my roof - - not exactly inapposite, subtitling included.

Snail said...

Oh, it's an easy mistake to make.

I'm not game to check that site out after your description! I'll just take your word for it. I should have put the had tip in ... I got the link from the Smart Bitches, who had part of the chorus as their title. Those romance readers are tough cookies.

Snail said...

Sorry, I forgot to thank you for the translation. We were wondering about it at work. (Scientific enquiry, yanno.)