Tuesday 8 April 2008

I'm so worried

Not about the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow but about my chances of getting everything done before I go on leave. Between now and the end of next week, I have to complete a detailed description of a new postgraduate course.

It's quite a big job.

The problem is I don't know whether the initial proposal has actually been endorsed. Certainly it's passed successfully through the first two stages of approval but that leaves another four to go. At any one of those, it could be rejected. Unlikely but you never know.

Because of the short time lines, I have to prepare the document anyway, assuming that it will go ahead. But I can't get access to the specified template until the proposal gets the final thumbs up. In the meantime, I'm basing it on someone else's new course document, which may or may not be on the current template. It'll be near enough. I hope.

So, I am apologising in advance for what will almost certainly be intermittent posting. And, judging by that sentence, I am also apologising for tortured syntax and random tenses.