Saturday, 13 February 2010

Back again!

Apologies for my absence. I've been contemplating stuff. And I find that I can no longer multitask as well I once could. I can contemplate or write but not contemplate and write. Throw the housework into the mix and you can see that's a recipe for disaster.

I haven't done much worth reporting since I last checked in. I went down to Townsville to catch up with dear friends. I had a lovely time but it was sooooo hot and humid on the coast that I won't be heading off the Tablelands again until the end of the Wet Season. I'm still trying to work out how I coped with those conditions for eleven years, especially without an airconditioner. Must be age. I was much younger then ...

6 comments:

Lulu Stader said...

Good to have you back, Bronwen. Ditch the housework and you'll be fine!

Snail said...

Thanks, Lulu! Must admit there's not a lot of evidence of housework being done here.

Lulu Stader said...

Good waste of time, I say! But then, we never have any visitors. Maybe because the house is so filthy? 'Life' or 'clean house'? Oommm...

Lulu Stader said...

(spot the missing comma in my previous comment, sorry)

desertnutmeg said...

No apologies necessary but it's good to see you back again! Same for me here-no internet except at work and work has been unbelievably busy. Throw in all the chores in and out of the house and we have one very tired wee woman here. Time to read but no time or energy to blog etc.

I had to laugh at your last sentence. It took me 3 weeks to become a complete desert rat, er, nut. Now when humidity climbs to 23 or eeegads 30-some-odd percent i'm *itchin' because the sheets are sticking to me. I've totally forgotten how i grew up with high humidity and no airconditioner. lol.

Have a great weekend!

Snail said...

Lulu, it's an uphill battle to keep this little place clean. Insects, mud, that first flush of tropical mould ...

Meggs, it's almost perfect here! This place is at about 800 m (2,600 ft), which is just enough elevation to take the edge off the tropical heat. There's a big population of oldies here, presumably for the benign climate!