Saturday 14 January 2012

After dark

This is what happens here after dark.

This is a coppery brushtail possum trying to find a way into the kitchen. This possum had already attempted to gain entry through the door, after which it turned its attention to the window.

It was standing on the window sill and holding onto the frame to stop itself sliding off. Completely unaware that I was only a metre away with a camera*, the possum continued to explore the screen, looking for a point of weakness.


Then it noticed me. And got such a surprise that it fell backwards off the window sill. The last I saw of it, the possum was scampering towards the trees. I expect it's currently blogging about its close encounter in the little grey cottage in the rainforest.

_____

*1250 ISO, no flash, hence the lack of crispness in the image. That and the dirt on the glass. Why, yes, I am ashamed at the condition of the windows. (The photo has been shot through two panes.) All the others are sparkling, but I lost interest when I got to these. I am thinking about cleaning them. I might even go so far as actually cleaning them.