Wednesday 6 November 2013

A quiet November


My blog posting schedule will be more dodgy than usual this month because I'm sort of, kind of taking part in NaNoWriMo. Well, I am taking part in NaNoWriMo, but not to create a new work*. I'm dealing with a couple of projects that have been dragging on for a while and I'm beginning to feel like the Halloween python**. NaNoEtc is keeping me on track with one of those projects. Sheer pigheadedness is keeping me on track with the other. So far this combination is working. Only another 24 days to go.

And look what's growing in the garden. I've been walking past it several times a day, but haven't been paying much attention to it. I can condense my internal dialogue into this:

There's a bromeliad.

It looks like a pineapple.

I wonder if it's a pineapple.

Oh, it's a pineapple.

This is a pineapple





I hope it's edible rather than ornamental. There's only one way to find out.

______


* Although I'm scribbling down an outline from a new piece to be worked up at a future time.
** And sometimes like the Halloween possum.