Wednesday, 19 July 2006

Procrastinating ...

... instead of writing lectures. I can convince myself that I'm being productive. After all, I'm writing something.

Another daft day. This time I went to a workshop. You don't need to hear the details. Here's a message to those who gave talks during the day: Read through your notes before you stand up. (There's more but I'm learning when to stop.)

Now, on to more important things. Should I write a short story for the Scarlet Stiletto Award? I started one last year but chickened out before I got very far. (I am a coward at heart. I also seem to be losing all hand-eye co-ordination, but that's irrelevant. Forget I even mentioned it.)

I could head off down to the coast and spend a couple of days of solitude in Apollo Bay with the computer, the story outline and a suitcase crammed with chocolate.

After I do all the other stuff on my list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd go for the coast and the chocolate!

Snail said...

And leave the computer at home?

Or leave the other stuff on my list? Now that sounds like a plan.

Anonymous said...

Face the fear with chocolate on the table and reward yourself with one after each paragraph. Write like the wind so you get through the whole suitcase in three days.

Snail said...

That's good enough for me.

Semester starts on 31st July. I'll make a booking for the 29-30th.