Monday 22 January 2007

One of those odd days at work. I got through a stack of paperwork this morning (the job is almost all paperwork) but from lunchtime onwards, I started going backwards. People turned up without appointments (something that really irks me) but it was easier to deal with their problems straight away than tell them to take a number. Of course, the one person who had made an appointment didn't appear. (Something else that drives me crazy.) And then we had an interminable meeting about workloads and who's doing what. That began in a serious and productive way but soon degenerated into hysteria as we realised that we would never be able to cope with the load. (Missing out on lunch didn't help. A room full of academics with low blood sugar is not a pretty sight.)

Anyway, I'm going on leave on Friday. So all I have to do is keep things under control for the next few days ...