Saturday, 3 February 2007

Which SF writer are you?

Well, that's weird. Apparently I'm the father of cyberpunk, William Gibson. I've read the first half of Pattern Recognition. Maybe more of it rubbed off than I thought. I guess I'm going to have to dig it out of the 'unfinished' pile and read the rest.


I am:
William Gibson
The chief instigator of the "cyberpunk" wave of the 1980s, his razzle-dazzle futuristic intrigues were, for a while, the most imitated work in science fiction.


Which science fiction writer are you?



Picked up from Evolving Thoughts.

3 comments:

Darky said...

John Brunner
His best known works are dystopias -- vivid realizations of the futures we want to avoid.



I fancy the quiz writer's database is a smidge restricted.
But I did enjoy The Stand on Zanzibar for its humour and general well-readness about the possible near futures.
A bit of useless information, and I am likely propagating a web myth, is that Brunner invented the use of worm for a naughty pute code. I don't know; my daughter told me, and she's a scientist. Ha!

Woollybutt (Peter) said...

When I first read the title of this post, I thought SF referred to the "Scribbly Forum".

LOL

Peter
---

Snail said...

I wanted to be either James Tiptree Jr (Alice B Sheldon) or Harlan Ellison (but I don't know if he's on the list).

Haven't read the The Stand on Zanzibar. Just checked Google and found this: 'A new technology introduced is "eptification" (education for particular tasks), a form of mental programming." Gee, that's what we're being exhorted to do to uni students. Narrowing the focus of education to ensure the students are 'job ready'. To hell with creativity.

*puts on hat and sticks fake beard to chin*

Woolly, you be careful among them English over there. 'Tis a fine forum but it has more fruitcakes than a country fete.