Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Happy New Year!

2008 started in a way in which I hope it won't continue. That is, with me sitting a metre away from a pedestal fan, a wet towel around my neck and Drop the Dead Donkey on the video while I worked on some uni business. After a top temperature of 42C at 5 pm, it was still 33C at midnight. It's now a balmy 29C, having dropped 11C in less than half an hour. Woo hoo! Bring on the glaciers.

New year's resolutions … let me see.
  • lose weight and get fit
  • get out more
  • write regularly
  • read more
  • keep the house vaguely presentable
Did I miss anything?

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Hmm, I think you've stolen *all* of these out of my mind. Did I leave them lying around somewhere?

And hasn't the weather been disgusting? Bring on winter. And rain! And, yes, as you say, glaciers...

Snail said...

Absolutely ghastly weather. I'm looking forward to moving to the tropics.

I'm going to get me some measurable outcomes for those resolutions. Sherryl's posts have convinced me that's the way to go!

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

Send some of that heat to us, please.

Sherryl said...

I think you pinched some of mine too. Keep the house vaguely presentable. Hmmm. Does that mean start with the office? I still regularly can't get more than halfway into it without tripping over something.
I don't know whether to post my goals for 2008 or not. Someone might try and hold me to them!

Snail said...

You can have it all, Aydin! Anything over 30C is unnecessary.

Sherryl, I was contemplating making them more specific --- setting goals, as you suggested. But then I came to the same conclusion. Maybe it's best to keep mum. We can gloat at an appropriate time (if we succeed) or never bring up the topic again (if we don't).

That's my mission statement.