Thursday, 13 March 2008

Adelaide has been suffering for almost two weeks. Now it's our turn. It's hot. Too bloody hot*. So I'm off to the coast for the weekend. Not that it'll be much cooler down there but I'll be sleeping in an air-conditioned room — and that's all I care about.

I've been up to my ears in work, so I haven't done a great deal of other stuff. I'm sure you don't want to read about the minutiae of my less-than-thrilling life. (Although this morning was full of incident and ran like a continuous take in a comedy film. Possibly Sean of the Dead.) And I haven't had time to blog about the mollusc and biogeography papers that I started to file. Yes, started.

I'm leaving for Portland tomorrow afternoon. It's a five hour drive, so that's almost a road trip. With any luck, I'll return on Monday with stacks of photographs and much to talk about.
______

* The interloper in the roof has gone quiet. Presumably it's been roasted. Mmmmm … roast rat. Ratatouille.

6 comments:

Island Rambles Blog said...

Can't wait till Monday then when you will be back with more photos. Have a good trip. Cheers.

Sherrie said...

There's some smart-aleck thing to say here about longing to be cool, but once again it eludes me.

Ratatouille. Red wine or white, do you think?

Anonymous said...

That coast is always inspiring ... so glad you can get there again
:)

jj

budak said...

don't complain about the heat. Think about what some birds have to go through:
http://www.dothegreenthing.com/green_actions/use_body_warmth/video

not recommended for office viewing

Snail said...

There's also a rat in the roof at work, Sherrie. I'm being followed by rodents! We could start with the white and go on to the red.

Now I'm off to check that link from the Duck

Snail said...

Cute video! I can't help thinking that emperor penguins are just a bit better insulated ...