Monday 15 June 2009

Road Trip, Days 7 – 9: Biloela to Eungella


I'd forgotten what it's like to drive up the range to Eungella, especially late in the day with the sun glaring on a filthy windscreen. Fortunately the sheer drops were on the other side of the road.

I went for a few walks in the rainforest and spent the rest of the time sitting around, reading and periodically looking through binoculars. It's a good combination. After three days at Eungella, though, I was more than ready to resume my journey.

The sun was in my eyes again when I drove down the range. But this time I'd cleaned the driver's side of the windscreen inside and out, making a nice little porthole. Once it stopped fogging up, I could see the only bit of the road I needed to see — the centre white line. Really, there is such a thing as too much information.

Birds: eastern yellow robin (NE form with yellow rump), white-browed scrubwren, white-throated treecreeper, brush turkey, emerald dove (green-winged pigeon), wompoo pigeon, fan-tailed cuckoo and female regent bowerbird. (The male was nowhere to be seen.)