Friday 8 January 2010

Fifteen paces from the back door ...

... between the patio and the tooth-billed bowerbird stage.

I was at the computer when I heard a kerfuffle in the back garden. My work desk is ideally distractingly sited where I can see both the front and back gardens with ease. Not that they're really gardens: more small, scruffy clearings in the rainforest.

Anyway, the source of the noise was two adult Lumholtz's tree kangaroos on the ground. Despite the racket, they picked up the sound of the screen door sliding open, so they bolted. I managed to photograph the slower of the two when it was still on the track.

They clambered up the nearest tree and are still there as I type this. I love this place.


Slowcoach

Tree roo no. 1 (at the top of the tree)

Tree roo no. 2 (a bit lower down)

Closer

And closer still