Monday, 6 June 2011

Because you can't have too much cute

Here are some old shots of Crinkle Cut and her joey Podge. I haven't seen Podge for a long while, so I suspect he's had a close encounter of the carpet snake kind. Either that or one of my reckless neighbours has flattened him while driving too fast on this narrow rainforest road.


Podge liked to stay close to his mum, although he would make occasional forays onto the patio if he could smell something cooking. Unlike Crinkle Cut, he wasn't adventurous enough to wander into the house and raid the kitchen bin. This was probably a Good Thing.

Mum and joey would greet each other with mutual grooming of head and neck. Crinkle Cut always paid particular attention to her son's ears. (No pics, unfortunately.)


Podge would try to reciprocate, but couldn't quite reach ...

5 comments:

biobabbler said...

OMG that last shot with your text brought out a happy belly laugh. *sigh* Thank you for the delightful fuzzy-love-themed endorphin rush. =) CUTE!!!

Calling Ravens said...

Where did I miss the story of Crinkle Cut getting into the kitchen?
Your photos are truly priceless, they are sooo charming.

Snail said...

The paddie joeys are all delightful --- even when they're hairless and hopelessly uncoordinated. I have some old pics of Mocha still in the pouch, which I'll post soon.

Crinkle Cut often sneaks into the kitchen if I leave the back door open, but she scarpers as soon as she realises she's been sprung.

OTOH, Maisie, who is old, blind in one eye, and full of attitude, usually stands her ground. She came in after TC Yasi and would not move. I tried to push her out, but she dug in as well as she could on a tiled floor. (Which is surprisingly well --- those big feet provide a lot of traction.) In the end, I had to lure her outside with overripe pawpaw.

Now I try to remember to close the door!

forestwalk/laura k said...

oh i LOVE these little critters! i hope little podge didn't meet either of those frightful ends...maybe he just ran away from home...wanted to be an explorer...
GREAT pictures...as always!!!

Snail said...

I hope that's what's happened too!