Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Boo!


I'm back after a lengthy hiatus during which ... well ... not much happened other than my computer crashed. I may have to come up with a more interesting story than that to explain my absence.

Anyway, I am just checking in to let you know that I am still alive, if frozen* — it can get really quite cold at 17oS and 740m*** — and am getting heaps of work done. Although I haven't commented much, I have been keeping up to date with everyone's blogs. From now on, I will lurk less and blog more. But not in the evening, probably, because it's hard to type while wearing gloves.

_____

* Aha! There's my story**.
** Oh, wait. I've just ruined it.
*** 5oC is cold.

9 comments:

Calling Ravens said...

LOL!
Good to see you back. Sorry your computer crashed! Ugh. Cold. Could get along quite well without cold weather. Ever.

mick said...

Nice to have you back - even for a short post! What do the Roos do in the cold? How about trying "fingerless gloves" for typing in the cold. I seem to remember a music teacher using them when I was very young in NZ. BUT who would have thought you'd need them in Aus!!

neomyrtus said...

Great capture and welcome back.

As for the cold... well.... you know what my response would be ;)

Snail said...

It's going to be cold for a few more days yet, apparently. Mind you, that means it won't be raining, so that's a good thing. I will just have to wear more layers!

Snail said...

Mick, the paddies hide in the forest at night and emerge in the morning to sit in whatever patches of sunlight they can find. I saw seven of them in the garden the other day, all lined up with their back to the sun.

I have fingerless gloves, but can only find one of the pair. If the other doesn't turn up soon, I may end up buying a normal pair and cutting off the fingers!

Snail said...

Neo, thanks. I take it your response would have the word 'princess' in it somewhere?!

Mr. Smiley said...

Wonderful photos too!

Snail said...

Thank you, sir!

forestwalk/laura k said...

BOO back at ya! GREAT shot!

since i'm trying to catch up...in backwards mode...i didn't know about the comp problems! but glad you're back...even if you have to wear gloves to type...(good excuse for typos...damn gloves!) :]