Saturday 25 December 2010

And now, Christmas tree ... frogs

The rain has brought out the orange-thighed tree frogs (Litoria xanthomera) for the first time this year. But it's also stopped me from taking pics of them. (Why, yes, I am a wimp. What made you think otherwise?) But the green-eyed tree frogs (Litoria serrata) have been out and about for a while.

No frogs in this picture, in case you were wondering. Just rain and fungus.

I photographed this one last night, when the rain was merely heavy, not torrential. It was picking up insects from my windows, obviously convinced that it was camouflaged against the spider poop-covered frame.



It eventually decided that the garden provided a more suitable background for its fancy colours and spiffy frills.


Season's greetings from me and the wildlife!